Digital Marketing Coordinator
Placework is an architecture and planning practice grounded in social and environmental responsibility, soon to be New Hampshire’s first architecture firm to be certified as a B Corporation (application pending!) Our studio – both our downtown Portsmouth office and our virtual “space” – is a collaborative atmosphere that fosters professional development within a growing team.
About the Role
The Digital Marketing Coordinator at Placework will lead our external communications, working collaboratively with the team and Principals of the firm to elevate and promote the Placework brand. The Digital Marketing Coordinator will manage the day-to-day operation of our social media platforms and develop content for our website, blog posts, and marketing materials in support of our marketing strategies. The coordinator will stay informed about the market, industry trends, and the competitive landscape, while helping to implement marketing, branding, and advertising plans. They will monitor and report on social media performance, manage e-campaigns, perform research, and support business development activities. This is a part-time position (24 hours/week) that may lead to a full-time role.
- Act as social media lead, establishing a consistent message, building loyal followers, growing engagement and encouraging online conversations across key platforms including but not limited to LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Identify and deploy social media trends to further promote Placework.
- Lead the planning and execution of all digital marketing activities, including e-campaigns, SEO/SEM, and paid advertising, including content creation, reporting, and analytics.
- Actively participate in researching, copywriting, and analyzing various types of content such as social media posts, blog posts, advertising captions, landing pages, and emails.
- Utilize digital and marketing technology tools like MailChimp, Google Analytics, CRM, and social media tracking codes for advertising and websites.
- Utilize WordPress to makes updates to website and/or coordinate with marketing/website maintenance consultant to make updates as necessary.
- Assist in business development activities including research, outreach, and tracking through CRM.
- Assist in the creation of marketing calendars, marketing documents, presentations, agendas, and reports, as necessary.
- Assist in production of proposals, RFQ/P responses and supporting materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications, or other business-related discipline is strongly preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in social media and marketing required, preferably in AEC industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; impeccable attention to detail specifically grammar, spelling, tone, brand consistency.
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, Google Analytics, WordPress, MailChimp, CRM
- Support an innovative, award-winning architecture practice in promoting how design can have a positive impact on society and the environment.
- Advance goals of climate justice and equity, diversity, and inclusion within the architecture and construction fields.
- Assist leadership team with development of strategic planning and communications and demonstrate outcomes.
- Learn and integrate knowledge of sustainable and regenerative design practices and urban planning.
- Participate in design charrettes, seminars and discussions that form the basis of studio culture.
We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits plan, including:
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous holidays and paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Short-term disability and life insurance
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with employer matching contributions
- Paid community volunteer time
- Paid time and reimbursement for professional development
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
Placework is an equal opportunity employer. Cultivating diversity in our working environment is vital to the richness and integrity of our work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. Placework is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
How to Apply:
Our growth depends on the passions and interests of all team members, so come prepared to share what you love. Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].