Placework is an award-winning architecture and planning practice grounded in social and environmental responsibility. We are proud to be New Hampshire’s first architecture firm to become a Certified B Corporation. Our downtown Portsmouth studio offers a collaborative atmosphere that fosters professional development within a growing team.
About the Role
The Studio Manager at Placework will be a multi-tasker able to handle a wide range of marketing and administrative tasks and be a proactive team player with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude. With strong attention to detail and a broad skill set, the manager will help develop engaging content for our website, blog posts, and marketing materials, manage the proposal production process, maintain and manage calendars, events, and activities as well as coordinate day-to-day office operations. The Studio Manager will report to the Managing Principal. This is a full-time position.
- Manage proposal production process including coordination of internal materials and subconsultant teams; creation of proposal packages and coordination of presentations; management of proposal printing and delivery.
- Maintain all internal marketing materials including firm profile, project information, and resumes; manage and maintain office graphic standards and updates to Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Utilize WordPress to makes updates to website and/or coordinate with marketing/
website maintenance consultant to make updates, as necessary.
- Act as social media lead, assisting with development and coordination of content for all social media sites; create and maintain posting schedules; regularly post; coordinate blog and website posts; review digital marketing strategy with team on a regular basis.
- Manage and maintain marketing calendars for internal activities, events, award programs, and sponsorships.
- Manage events/sponsorship registrations; prepare presentations and marketing materials as required.
- Maintain schedule of awards; prepare award submissions; coordinate acceptance/events.
- Coordinate with photographers for project and/or office photography.
- Participate in and/or manage other special projects
- Manage and maintain contact, mailing and e-mail distribution lists in Outlook, CRM, and MailChimp.
- Support new employee set-up and onboarding; manage team Outlook calendar.
- Manage the maintenance of facilities and infrastructure that enable office operations.
- Coordinate office support with IT, assisting and troubleshooting office equipment issues, as necessary.
- Coordinate office social events including managing guest lists, creating invitations, coordinating staff, and managing catering services.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of experience in graphic design, executive assistance, or administration desired, preferably in AEC industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; consistent attention to detail specifically grammar, spelling, tone, brand consistency.
- Highly efficient, self-motivated, strong organizational and time management skills; strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working as part of a team; requires initiative and independent decision-making.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; strong graphic sensibility and proficiency with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop; experience working with WordPress preferred.
- Working knowledge of contact management and/or CRM applications (i.e. Monday, Salesforce), email marketing tools (i.e. MailChimp, HubSpot), and collaboration tools (i.e. Miro, Slack).
- Knowledge and/or interest in art, architecture, and/or sustainability and supporting best practices for socially and environmentally responsible businesses.
- Support an innovative architecture practice in promoting how design can have a positive impact on society and the environment.
- Develop understanding of opportunities for advancing climate justice and equity, diversity, and inclusion within the architecture and construction fields.
- Assist leadership team with development of strategic planning and communications and demonstrate outcomes.
- Participate in weekly meetings, seminars, and discussions that form the basis of studio culture.
We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits plan, including:
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous holidays and paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Short-term disability and life insurance
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with employer matching contributions
- Paid community volunteer time
- Paid time and reimbursement for professional development
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion:
Placework is an equal opportunity employer. Cultivating diversity in our working environment is vital to the richness and integrity of our work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. Placework is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
How to Apply:
Our growth depends on the passions and interests of all team members, so come prepared to share what you love. Please send a cover letter (as a separate document from your email) and resume to [email protected].