Placework is a design-forward practice with a fierce sense of responsibility to community and planet. Equity, diversity, and inclusion are the core of our ethos and our design thinking. The success of our work is directly tied to the culture in our office as we teach and learn from each other in a collaborative environment.
The Director of Marketing and Public Relations will advance the Placework mission by creating and executing all external marketing and communications strategies with a clear goal to develop valuable relationships with potential clients in multiple markets.
The right candidate will bring experience and creativity to help Placework secure architectural contracts with municipal, commercial, non-profit, and educational institutions. An appreciation for the value of equitable, beautiful, and resilient public spaces—elements of the Placework philosophy that are core to who we are and what we do – is important. A passion for art, design, and community would be a bonus.
This is a new position for this growing studio and will need an experienced professional who can create all elements of a successful campaign, from integrating the studio’s mission, aesthetic, and goals; researching and targeting various audiences for engagement; managing calendars and media relationships and all forms of external communications. We encourage applicants to use their cover letter as an opportunity to share how their unique lived experience will inform their contributions to Placework through this position.
- Create, execute, manage, and measure Placework’s public relations and marketing strategy.
- Represent Placework in outreach and networking events to build brand awareness.
- Drive Placework objectives by bringing best practices in marketing and public relations to the entire team.
- Apply past expertise by creating effective strategic plans to engage with multiple audiences.
- Track and report all metrics each month to the leadership team.
- Develop and maintain CRM, social media, email, and direct marketing. Manage a social media and online presence that reflects Placework’s commitment to climate crisis action, racial and cultural equity, environmental justice, and design integrity.
- Build strong relationships with relevant media that position Placework as experts in both the values and the skills needed to create compelling, equitable, and sustainable public spaces.
- Track opportunities and manage proposal discernment process and production as well as assembling consultant teams.
- Live at the forefront of industry updates including tracking rising leadership and nascent projects.
- Respected, forward-thinking manager with at least 7 years of experience.
- Demonstrated ability to create, complete, and measure successful marketing strategies.
- Experience building press relationships locally and nationally.
- Thoughtful approach to challenges with ability to create an environment of shared learning and decision-making.
- Ability to foster the Placework values and philosophy within the team and in the broader community.
- Ability to develop a marketing and public relations strategy from the ground up, developing a foundation for a growing firm.
- Assist leadership team with development of strategic planning and demonstrate outcomes.
- Advance goals of equity, diversity and inclusion within the architecture and construction fields.
- Learn and integrate knowledge of sustainable and regenerative design practices and urban planning.
- Participate in design charrettes, seminars and discussions that form the basis of studio culture.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
Placework is an equal opportunity employer. Cultivating diversity in our working environment is vital to the richness and integrity of our work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. Placework is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
How to Apply:
Our growth depends on the passions and interests of all team members, so come prepared to share what you love. Please send a resume and a page or two of graphic work that makes you proud to [email protected].